Linux Journal Issue #28/August 1996
- Beyond Your First Shell Script by Brian Rice
- How to write versatile, robust Bourne shell scripts that will run flawlessly under other shells as well.
- Diff, Patch, and Friends by Michael K Johnson
- De-mystifying patches and the tools used to create and apply them.
- Auto-loading Kernel Modules by Preston F. Crow
- Make your system leaner by modularizing the kernel.
- The Cold, Thin Edge by Todd Graham Lewis
- Taking the Shell Paradigm to its Brutal Limits. Whether you use Tcl, shells, Perl, or C, there is usually an option whereby tools from one programming environment can be imported into another. Here's how to “push the
- Basic fvwm Configuration, Part 2 by John M Fisk
- Customizing the Desktop. Organize and customize those pop-up menu entries.
News and Articles
- Mobile-IP by Ben Lancki, Abhijit Dixit, and Vipul Gupta
- Transparent Host Migration on the Internet
- Graphing with Gnuplot and Xmgr by Andy Vaught
- Two graphing packages available under Linux
- Certifying Linux
- by Heiko Eissfeldt
- Letters to the Editor
- Stop the Presses
- Kernel Korner Device Drivers Concluded
- Book Review Bandits on the Information Superhighway
- Book Review World Wide Web Journal, Issue One
- Book Review Civilizing Cyberspace
- New Products
Directories & References
- Consultants Directory
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Linux Journal. All rights reserved.