Linux Journal Issue #46/February 1998
- PostgreSQL—The Linux of Databases by Rolf Herzog
- A close look at the PostgreSQL database, including programming interfaces and using it for WWW applications.
- The Qddb Database Suite by Eric H. Herrin, II and Gilbert J. Benson, Jr.
- An introduction the freely available database suite called Qddb.
- Beagle SQL, A Client/Server Database for Linux by Rob Klein
- Mr. Klein introduces us to a database called Beagle SQL that he developed as a learning experience.
- Portable Database Management with /rdb by Ed Petron
- Web server analysis logs and mailing list management is made easy by using the /rdb database system—here's how to do it.
News & Articles
- Linux Network Programming, Part 1: BSD Sockets by Ivan Griffin and John Nelson
- This is the first of a series of articles about how to devlop networked applications using the various interfaces available on Linux.
- Linux Helps Bring Titanic to Life by Darryl Strauss and Wook
- First article in a two part series on using Linux for visual effects in “Titanic”. This article will focus on the technical aspects of the project.
- The Quick Start Guide to the GIMP, Part Four by Michael J. Hammel
- Our series winds up with a detailed description of the toolbox, plug-ins and keyboard acceleration.
- A Partner's Survival Guide by Telsa Gwynne
- A view of life with a hacker brought to us by a mischievous spouse who should know—Ms. Gwynne is married to Alan Cox.
- by Craig Oda
- Tokyo Linux Users Group Grows Up
- Personal Empress Database by David Weis
- Review of personal Empress RDBMS for Linux.
- S.u.S.E. V5.0 by Stuart Green
- The Essential Perl Books by Eric Raymond
- Web Counting with mSQL and Apache by Randy Jay Yarger
- Learn all about Apache modules and mSQL programming using a web counting program as an example.
- Linux Works for Me and You by Maan Bsat
- A high school student tells us about using Linux as a server at school, at home and at work.
- At the Forge Attaching Files to Forms by Reuven M. Lerner
- Mr. Lerner shows us a way to use file elements to allow web site visitors to upload information or program files to the site.
- Letters to the Editor
- From the Editor Databases by Marjorie Richardson
- From the Publisher Needed: Linux Banking Software by Phil Hughes
- Stop the Presses COMDEX/Fall '97 by Carlie Fairchild
- Linux Apprentice Setting Up E-mail by Jonathan Walther
- Setting Up E-mail This article will give you a properly working e-mail setup and an overview of various pieces of e-mail software.
- Take Command ispell: Spelling Checker by Marjorie Richardson
- ispell: Spelling Checker Don't know how to spell? This is the command for you.
- Linux Means Business United Railway Signal Group, Inc. by Lester Hightower and Hank Leininger
- United Railway Signal Group, Inc. The story of how Progressive Computer Concepts has turned United Railway into a Linux shop.
- New Products
- Best of Technical Support
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Linux Journal. All rights reserved.