Linux Journal Issue #62/June 1999
- Standards by Marjorie Richardson
- The Past and Future of Linux Standards by Daniel Quinlan
- The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from. --Professor Andrew S. Tanebaum (author of MINIX).
- The Distributions Take a Stand on Standards by Norman M. Jacobowitz
- Mr. Jacobowitz talks about standards with representatives of the various distributions by e-mail and at the LinuxWorld Expo.
- WordPerfect 8 for Linux by Michael Scott Shappe
- Metro Link Motif Complete! by Liam Greenwood
- TclPro v1.1 by Daniel Lazenby
- The Linux Network by Duane Hellums
- Developing Imaging Applications with XIElib by Michael J. Hammel
- Minivend—the Electronic Shopping Cart by Kaare Rasmussen
- If you need a catalog system for your web page, this product may be just what you are looking for.
- Introduction to Sybase, Part 1: Setting Up the Server by Jay Sissom
- Sybase comes to Linux—here's how it works.
- CORBA Program Development, Part 2 by J. Mark Shacklette and Jeff Illian
- This month, the more advanced techniques of naming and event services are discussed.
- Stephen Wockner of the TAB of Queensland by Bob Hepple
- A mission-critical application for 580 Linux computers.
- Linux Clusters at NIST by Wayne J. Salamon and Alan Mink
- NIST is using Linux clusters for research, benchmarking them against supercomputers.
- At the Forge Sending Mail via the Web, Part 2 by Reuven M. Lerner
- Sending Mail via the Web, Part 2 Mr. Lerner continues his look at building a simple, integrated mail system that can be accessed using a web browser.
- Focus on Software by David A. Bandel
- Linux Means Business Making Money in the Bazaar by Bernie Thompson
- Making Money in the Bazaar A look at the business models in use today and how they work.
- Kernel Korner IP Bandwidth Management by Jamal Hadi Salim
- IP Bandwidth Management A look at the new traffic control code in the kernel and how it aids in bandwidth management.
- System Administration Root File System on RAID by Martin Schulze
- Root File System on RAID What should you do if it is unacceptable to use a single disk or partition for the root file system? Use two or three. This article provides a solution for this problem.
- Take Command The awk Utility by Louis J. Iacona
- The awk Utility This column presents an introduction to the Linux data manipulation tool called awk.
- Letters by Marjorie Richardson
- More Letters to the Editor
- linux.com by Marjorie Richardson
- The Other Shoe by Doc Searls
- New Products
- Best of Technical Support
- Pro-Lite Scrolling Message Signs by Walter Stoneburner
- A review of the Pro-Lite Tru-Color II PL-M2014R, an affordable multi-color LED scrolling message board that is capable of being controlled by a standard RS-232 serial port.
- PPR: PostScript Printer Spooling by Olivier Tharan
- Mr. Tharan tells us how to use the PPR spooler for large networks.
- Linux in Schools by Rob Bellville
- How a K-12 school system is using Linux to supply a myriad of stable network services to its students and staff.
- Linux for Enterprise-Resource Planning by Uche Ogbuji
- Mr. Ogbuji takes a look at enterprise resource planning and Linux's place in this market.
- Linux Web Server Toolkit by Keith P. de Solla
- A review of the LINUX Web Server Toolkit, a book that takes the reader completely through the procedure of building a web server.
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Linux Journal. All rights reserved.