Linux Journal Issue #66/October 1999
- Focus: Embedded Systems by Marjorie Richardson
- Portable Real-Time Applications by Juergen Kahrs
- The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers. --Richard Hamming, 1915-1998
- Embedding Linux in a Commercial Product by Joel R. Williams
- A look at embedded systems and what it takes to build one.
- Porting Linux to a Power PC Board by He Zhu and Xiaoqiang Chen
- An experiment and experience in using Linux in an embedded application.
- Embedding Linux to Control Accelerators and Experiments by A. Gotz, P. Makijarvi, B. Regad, M. Perez, P. Mangiagalli
- A scientific laboratory in Europe depends on Linux for controlling equipment used in their research.
- Running Linux on a Laptop by Erik Max Francis
- A quick look at what to look for in a laptop for Linux and how to set it up.
- Transvirtual Adopts Microsoft Java Extensions by Craig Knudsen
- Mr. Knudsen tells us why this company chose to add MS extensions to Kaffe, the Open Source Java implementation.
- Houdini: Magic Doesn't Just Happen by Michael J. Hammel
- Side Effects Software pulls the Linux penguin out of its hat with a port of Houdini.
- upFRONT by Doc Searls
- Lyle Ball, Caldera by Marjorie Richardson
- Cygnus GNUPro Toolkit for Linux, v1.0 by Daniel Lazenby
- Fast Ethernet Network Starter Kit (FENSK04) by John Kacur
- SuSE Linux 6.1 by Jason Kroll
- CodeWarrior for Red Hat, Linux, GNU Edition, Version 4 by Jason Kroll
- NexStar by Jason Kroll
- Learning Python by Phil Hughes
- Linux for Dummies (2nd Edition) by Harvey Friedman
- Linux Apprentice: Creating CDs Complete instructions for storing your data on CD. by Alex Withers
- At the Forge Dynamic Graphics and Personalization by Reuven M. Lerner
- A continuation of the discussion on creating graphics dynamically on the Web.
- Linux in Education: Linux in Kuala Lumpur Setting up computing facilities at a Maylasian university was easy using Linux. by Dr. Junaid Ahmed Zubairi
- Focus on Software Focus on Software by David Bandel
- More Letters
- From the Publisher Is KDE the Answer? by Phil Hughes
- Best of Technical Support
- New Products
- Java Servlets by Doug Welzel
- An introduction to writing and running Java servlets on Linux.
- Bisel Bank by Pablo Trincavelli
- How a bank in Argentina is using Linux for testing database and web applications.
- Perl in a Nutshell by Jan Rooijackers
- Java 2 Software Development Kit by Harry J. Foxwell
- LIMP: Large Image Manipulation Project by Valient Gough
- Designing a new library for processing of large images using a minimal amount of memory.
- Web Client Programming using Perl by Robb Hill
- Web site monitoring of your system can be easy using Linux and Perl.
- Open Source Software for Real-time Solutions by Charles Curley
- Mr. Curley takes a look at two open-source solutions for embedded systems: RTLinux and eCOS from Cygnus.
Copyright © 1994 - 2014 Linux Journal. All rights reserved.